This seminar will offer simple solutions for the most common dog behavior and training problems, including: housesoiling, destructive chewing, excessive barking, digging, home-alone problems (and separation anxiety), leash reactivity to other dogs, hyperactivity, jumping-up, not coming when called, pulling on leash, plus lack of attention and compliance.
Obviously, preventing predictable doggy problems is the way to go but what do we do when adolescence exuberance, distraction and the development of fears and phobias override socialization and training? How can we retrain dogs in shelters to make them more adoptable? And how do we retrain newly adopted adolescent and adult dogs?
Whereas rehabilitating adult dogs with temperament problems (fearfulness, fighting and biting) can be extremely time consuming, especially the older the dog, behavior and training problems may be resolved at any time in a dog’s life. When training begins, good habits begin to replace bad habits. We may need different training techniques (All-or None Reward Training) to get started but otherwise, by and large, treatment protocols are virtually identical to prevention protocols. Moreover, retraining an adult dog is often much quicker than training a young puppy.
This is a full agenda and whereas we’ll discuss fearfulness and reactivity to other dogs unfortunately, there will not be sufficient time to discuss dogs that have serious aggression problems and have injured a dog person or another dog.
The seminar is suitable for both dog owners and dog professionals.
This online seminar consists of six hours of video lecture. It has been approved for 6 continued education credits by the CCPDT, IAABC & NADOI. You can download a certificate of achievement when you've completed this course.
- Thanks for registering for this course
- Seminar Notes
- Chapter 1: It's About Education
- Chapter 2: Behavior vs. Temperament
- Chapter 3: Starting from Scratch: Quick, Easy, Fun!
- Chapter 4: From 0 to 100 in 8 Weeks
- Chapter 5: Errorless & Easy Training for Dogs of Any Age
- Chapter 6: Loving the Crate
- Chapter 7: Analogue with Meaning
- Chapter 8: Fun with Hollow Chewtoys
- Chapter 9: Teaching with Science
- Chapter 10: Barking Solution: Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Chapter 11: Shush on Cue
- Chapter 12: The Power of All or None Reward Training
- Chapter 13: Don't Take Good Behavior for Granted
- Chapter 14: Separation Anxiety Diagnostic Tool
- Chapter 15: Predicting & Preventing: No Surprises
- Chapter 16: Digging – for Treasure!
- Chapter 17: Age is Just a Number
- Chapter 18: Rocket Science it is Not
- Chapter 19: Putting Energy Levels on Cue
- Chapter 20: The Real Cause of Pulling on Leash
- Chapter 21: Doggie Behavior Problems: Put Them on Cue!
- Chapter 22: Recalls & Relationship Problems
- Chapter 23: Sit vs. Recalls
- Chapter 24: Distance Command Techniques
- Simple Solutions Q+A Webinar - Recorded May 12 2017
- Congratulations on Completing Simple Solutions for Common Dog Behavior & Training Problems (6 CEUs)